Acquiring and consolidating light oil and liquids rich natural gas horizons/targetsREAD MORE
Tapping into proven hydrocarbon deposits in Central Alberta and Southern SaskatchewanREAD MORE
President & CEO, Director
- Petroleum engineer with 30+ years of engineering and senior management experience
- 2012 – 2014: Country Manager, Pacific Oil & Gas Ltd (Singapore): Responsible for building the upstream strategy and assets to feedstock a proposed Westcoast LNG facility for a major offshore conglomerate
- 2005 – 2011: Founder, President & CEO of Orleans Energy Ltd: A TSX-listed company that grew to 4,700 boepd prior to merging with RMP Energy Ltd in 2011, who further built the existing platform to currently over 12,500 boepd in the highly successful Ante Creek Montney light oil play
- 1983 – 2005: Various increasingly senior management roles in major and junior oil and gas companies
Don Sabo, P. Geol.
Executive Vice President, Director
- Petroleum geologist and entrepreneur with 30 years industry experience
- 2012 – 2014: Founder, Director, and Executive VP at Red River Oil Inc.
- 2010 – Present: Founder, Director, President and CEO of DS Oil Ltd.
- 2009 – 2010: Founder, Director, Executive VP at Plenty Energy Inc.
- 2003 – 2009: Founder, Chairman, President & CEO of Gibraltar Energy Inc.
- 1994 – 2001: Founder, Chairman, Executive VP at Genesis Exploration Ltd.
- 1984 – 1994: both technical and marketing positions in the oil and gas industry
- Instrumental in the formation of all of the above companies with responsibilities including team member selection, money raising (both public and private equity markets), investor relations, prospect generation and evaluation, exploration and development drilling, and value creation through his executive positions
- Long standing member of both the CSPG & APEGA
Greg G. Phaneuf, CA, CFA
Vice President Finance & CFO
- 23+ years of financial, capital markets, M,A&D execution experience
- Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Ivanhoe Energy Inc., Founder, Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Seven Generations Energy Ltd., Vice President, Corporate Development for The Churchill Corporation
Elizabeth More, P.Geol.
Vice President Exploration/Geology
- Professional geologist with over 30 years technical and management experience in the Western Canada Basin
- Most recently an independent consultant with expertise in property evaluations for clients, including private/public companies and private equity groups
- 2007 – 2012: Vice President Angle Energy Inc. Responsible for delivering economically driven prospects, maintaining drilling inventory in >12,000 boepd public company, and execution of aggressive budget
- 2005 – 2007: Vice President Flagship Energy. Responsible for growth of TSX-V listed company through acquisition and drilling
- 1982 – 2005: positions of increasing responsibility in public and private companies (Gulf Canada, Altana Exploration, Encal Energy, Bear Creek Energy)
- Member of both the CSPG & APEGA
Neil Wilson, P.Eng.
Vice President Engineering
- Geological engineer with 20+ years of experience including field operations, reservoir engineering, A&D, and senior management roles
- 2009 – 2014: Independent Engineering Consulting, providing engineering support to various clients. Projects included sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and successfully closing property and corporate acquisitions of over 5,000 boepd, valuation of a CBM project in Columbia, and evaluation of upstream assets for a proposed LNG facility
- 2006 – 2008: Founder, Vice-President Engineering/Exploitation Manager, Cordero Energy Inc., member to the founding team that grew production from 200 boepd to 4,000 boepd within three years, prior to selling to Ember Resources
- 1995 – 2005: Various progressive engineering roles in major and junior oil and gas companies
- Member of APEGA
Vice President Land & Business Development
- A professional landman with greater than 10 years of experience in land negotiations and business development
- March 2010 – August 2014: Team Lead of Business Development for Crescent Point US Corp (Denver); Earlier roles included Senior Land Negotiator, and Investor Relations Representative
- Held land negotiating roles with companies such as Starpoint Energy Trust, Bonavista Energy Trust and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
- Graduated from the University of Calgary in 2003 with a Bachelor of Commerce in Petroleum Land Management
- Member of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen
Paul Storey, P.Eng.
Vice President Operations
- Professional mechanical engineer with over 29 years of operations and management experience, highlighted by 7 years of field work including stints in the Beaufort Sea and Russia
- Consulting: Implemented processes and tools to quantify, forecast, and maximize well and field output. Characterized production and reserves potential by modeling early well life production for Trilogy Energy’s Montney play
- Drilling, Completions and Facilities: Management of all aspects of drilling and completion, including recent Alberta Cardium and Viking horizontal program for Equal Energy
- Production and Operations: Various technical and managerial roles for several major and junior Calgary based oil and gas companies
Toro is focused on light oil properties, targeting oil horizons including the Viking, in East Central Alberta. The company will focus on low cost, low risk, shallow horizons with year round access and rapid integration into sales markets to provide for growth at a reasonable pace and maximize shareholder return.
Oil Focus and Target Areas
- Viking Light Oil Production: Current production relating to the Viking Acquisition is approximately 400 boe/d, comprised of 60% liquids (35°API oil)
- Total Corporate production of 600 boe/d
- Long Life Oil Reserves: The Acquisition adds Total Proved (TP) reserves of 0.78 million boe (80% crude oil) and Proved plus Probable (P+P) reserves of 1.21 million boe (70% crude oil) as independently evaluated by McDaniel & Associates Consultants Ltd.